It's been two weeks since I arrived in this beautiful city of Sydney. From the first time I saw the brick buildings, traffic lights, and a lot of White, I had been mesmerized by the thought that I am going to live this kind of life for the next one and a half years.
Last week, I had a taste of what they call the City lifestyle. Thanks to my aunt, I got to know friends who got me a tour around the city's oldest pubs. We went to a place called "The Rocks". As I know about it, The Rocks was the first downtown of Sydney. True to its name, it was called so because once convicts were building walls and bridges from the rocks that the place was abundant of. Good thing I was not a convict in my past life..
We went bar hopping or pub crawling, as it was called in their colloquial language. We had three rounds of beer. My favorite was in "Lowenbrau" (Did I spell it right?). It had mango flavor and tastes really good. I was laughing at the one liter glass of beer each of my friends had to finish. Then we went to "Lord Nelson", the oldest pub in the city. Good to know that I was with guy friends, so that when I pass out, they will carry me home.
And then, this time, we had a house party. We played this game called "Fuzzy Duck". Who ever invented that game, he or she owes me big. I had three or four shots in a row of vodka because of that game. Oh my, I felt my blood rushing to my head and the feeling was horrible. I knew that I had to take a rest. After some time, I got better in that game I only had a shot. Then I learned we finished three bottles of vodka. My other friends were so drunk they had a piece of themselves everywhere. These guys should be thinking while drinking, see. Be at least responsible for themselves while having fun.
Anyway, it is good we had adults in the house to take care of these kids. Well, I can say I am proud of myself because I know my limits in terms of alcohol. And oh, these guys already invited me to stay during the April break. I wonder what is going to happen next. I hope not another sweet bitter experience like this one.

0 comments:
Post a Comment